[Sca-cooks] Low Carb - oop

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 26 09:15:29 PDT 2002

Marilyn Traber wrote:

> Are you doing Atkins?

Starting as of 8/5, after my Iron Chef challenge.  Gives me four weeks to smooth
out the figure before WorldCon.

> The induction phase is 20 gr carb...last I knew ;-)

Oh, that much?  Well that's better, but I'm not going to shoot my whole day's
allotment on a daryole, much as I love them.  "Pig Newton," I take it that's the
"Pernam" pork, fig and honey pie from Apicius?  I like that too but have to take
exception to that much sugar at this early stage.

I have intensely disliked the Atkins food products I've bought so far, the
protein bars and the drink syrup.  There are better Splenda syrups out there,
and the bars were frankly inedible.  I'm happier making up my own stuff.  The
soy flour + wheat bran as breading is working for me.

Selene Colfox, soon to be less