Marzipan (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pennsic)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 26 18:13:52 PDT 2002

On 26 Jul 2002, at 19:01, Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Speaking of peach pits, I'd love to have one of those molds....Does
> anyone know how I could acquire one? If someone's selling them at
> Pennsic, I'd gladly bribe -uh- encourage one of you willing War-goers
> to pick one up for me.....

Stephanie Howe is the potter who's been making them.  She has a
webpage and a contact email address at:
http://www.ashandgriffin.com/steph.shtml
She will ship stuff, and peach pit molds are not terribly fragile.

Alternatively, you could do what I did for my first mold -- get a good-
looking peach pit out of a real peach, and a couple of blcoks of
uncolored Sculpey.  It can be found in most craft stores.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net