Marzipan (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pennsic)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 19:16:14 PDT 2002

>On 26 Jul 2002, at 20:52, Olwen the Odd wrote:
>
> > EEWWUU...*eat*
> > marzipan??? ickickick  No, silly, marzipan is just to play with.
>
>Some people disagree with you, m'lady.  In my area, the sight of
>peach pits starts so many mouths drooling that the National
>Weather Service has to announce a flash flood warning.
>
>Seriously, though -- have you ever had freshly made marzipan?  It
>has a subtle taste.  The commercial stuff has an overpowering
>almond taste, presumably because they add extract or flavoring to
>it.
>
>Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann

Yes.  I have made and had marzipan made from scratch.  I have always told
everyone that the giant quantity of stuff I/We do starts with almond paste
out of a can.  The brand I use does not add almond oil, but, none-the-less,
after thousands of pounds of playing with and using the stuff, I can no
longer stand it.  Ask anyone I know!  If they say pizza or marzipan (after a
big project especially) to me and I do, what they affectionaltly call, my
"cat-hairball" response.  And I used to LIKE almonds~
Olwen