[Sca-cooks] Good news!

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Jul 30 06:21:50 PDT 2002

Also sprach jenne at fiedlerfamily.net:
>  > One of our list members was honored today.  Lady Jadwiga was
>>  made a Companion of the Order of the Manche, the East
>>  Kingdom's award of high merit for the arts.  This was for her work in
>>  herbology and gardening.  Vivat!
>
>Thank you...
>The really ironic part was that last month, when they gave me my Silver
>Crescent, I had time to shower and put on my period tunic before Court.
>This time, I didn't have time after setting up the Court Board to do
>anything but wash my hands and get someone to re-braid my hair, so I was
>up there staring at my dirty bare toes and the hem of my sweaty cotton
>tunic I'd done dayboard and courtboard in... ;)

Which, as everyone knows, is how you're supposed to get your Silver
Crescent, not your Maunche.

Adamantius, who was called into Court for his own Maunche, stopped
halfway up to the thrones, ran back to the kitchen door, yelled, "And
don't let those apples burn!!!", and returned to the Presence...
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER