[Sca-cooks] Feast Ambience

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 30 19:05:05 PDT 2002

Entertainment between the courses.  For large feasts, dance (which can be
performance or audience participation) and instrumental music is best.  Most
of our oral performers can't command a hall, so unless you have someone who
is a world class orator or singer, leave those presentations for small
feasts.  Avoid competitions at feast like the plague.  Make sure the
entertainment matches the theme of the feast.

The things to consider are what is historically accurate, what is appealing,
what will hold the interest and what will provide a pleasant background even
if ignored.

I haven't found a juggler, a mime or an acrobat skilled enough to work one
of my feasts, but be assured, I'll use them when I do.

While I normally serve en messe for eight people, I have been considering
how to serve smaller messes in a more Medieval manner to add further
ambience and verisimilitude.

Bear