Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Re:Olaf's Pennsic party was Some list members pictures!

Lis liontamr at ptd.net
Tue Jun 11 19:10:42 PDT 2002

OK Guys: I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN what the "something with kids and Marzipan
is." I'm here, really, just lurking due some real nastiness in my everyday
life.

We are not amused. Ok maybe a little bit :) What the hell. It's the day
before the last day of school, so you can have MY kids, too. All three of
the little Divas. They think they're going to take super-soaker squirt guns
on the school bus.

Ahem. The "Something with kids and Marzipan" is a class on playing with food
at Children's Point. Olwen, Pick a day, any day, with the scheduled time
between 2 and 4, anywhere from the 1st Wednesday onwards (barring the last
Wednesday, which is the children's festival). There will be other things to
do, too. Poudre Douce, fer instance. I'm gonna try to find a recipe that
does not involve actual heat or long periods of time as well. maybe a fruit
syrup or sekanjubin or something. The target audience is kids aged 2nd grade
through about 6th grade, so there's plenty of room for natural talent (and
natural no-talents). The point here is to produce something the kids can
bring back to camp, and hopefully will explore more later. If it also gives
them something to do, all the better. A small recipe booklet would be
terrific.

Olwen <<Aoife bats her eyes seductively>> you promised me some colored
marzipan for the kids to play with and perhaps a few tips (in person at the
class) on how to make it something cute to take home. How about dragons or
mice or furry little tuchux? Might be best if they all make the same thing,
but I'm really flexible here. If anyone else has any terrific ideas, or
wants to help inspire the next generation of cooks, sing out to me off the
list---I'm mostly lurking due to the above mentioned bother. I'm at
liontamr at ptd.net

Volunteers always welcome at Children's Point!

Aoife,
Children's Point Coordinator

Bella wrote:
I have this lovely recipe for unattended children Olwen.. should
I bring it to Pennsic? since you are doing something with children
and marzipan.. does that falll under the 'anything once rule''
marzipan kiddies...  interesting..
'bella

I know I'm supposed to do something
with marzipan and children sometime but haven't heard when yet
(or did and
completely forgotten).
Olwen