[Sca-cooks] Good morning from Greece

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Mon Jun 3 01:42:25 PDT 2002

At 07:37 PM 6/2/02 -0500, Stefan wrote, in response to Athenaeus:
>Anyway, the SCA is an international organisation studying the European
>Middle Ages and surrounding cultures. While most of the folks are in the
>United States and Canada, we do have groups in Austraila and Europe. I
>don't know if there is a group in Greece at this time or not.
There is indeed - the Shire of Nea Nikopolis, based in Athens.  The
Seneschal (i.e. administrative head of the group, for Athenasus's benefit)
is George Barbanis, e-mail barbanis at hol.gr.  I'm not sure offhand if there
are any fanatical medieval cooks in that group, but there are quite a few
of us in Drachenwald.  (Most of whom are in Europe - I'm out on a limb here
in South Africa, with one or two others).

Which reminds me.  I'm attending Drachenwald Coronation in June in the
Isles (Britain).  Any SCA-Cooks cooks going to be there? (I know there are
several on this list).  Who's cooking and can I come help in the kitchen??

JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Kingdom Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.