[Sca-cooks] Feast Alternatives

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 5 06:13:25 PDT 2002

What happens here is that interested groups put in bids for Kingdom level
events.  The group with the best bid, determined mainly by the Crowns, but
with input from a Kingdom event bid person, gets the event.  Usually the
group fronts all of the money for the event, but if they don't have enough,
the Kingdom will kick in with whatever is needed.  the feast can be as large
or small as desired by the group, based on projected attendance.  People are
beginning to learn that if they don't make reservations for the feast early,
they probably won't get on-board.  And our event fees are structured to
encourage on-board reservations...prices are given both for a reservation
including the feast (on-board) and for offboard (not including the feast).

Profits are divided 50-50 by the hosting group and the Kingdom.  However, if
a loss is incurred, the hosting group eats it.  But it is a very rare thing
that a Kingdom level event will lose money.  Even here in Dun Carraig, where
we normally get very small attendance for local events, we do very well on
Kingdom events.  Even this past Kingdom Twelfth Night, when a snow storm
prevented most of the south from attending, we still made a profit!

Kiri