[Sca-cooks] Hearth Loaves and Masonry Ovens

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 5 22:40:26 PDT 2002

Johnna Holloway said:
> This just came across one of my lists...
> There's a session on
> Hearth Loaves and Masonry Ovens
> Building Bread in a Wood-Burning Oven
> Dan Wing returns to King Arthur to discuss
>  the advantages of baking in wood-fired
> ovens. The lecture will revolve around Dan's
>  oven and the techniques he uses for steam
> and baking.
> June 28, 2002, Friday, 5-7 pm Cost:$40.00
> Registration Info: Registration required.
> For more information, contact:
> The Baking Education Center
> King Arthur Flour, Norwich, Vermont
> 800-652-3334
> http://ww2.kingarthurflour.com/cgibin/htmlos/27251.1.1183714096011691632

Sounds like a neat class. But a bit of a long drive from Ansteorra.

This web address didn't work for me. Said something about a page
time-out and then re-directed me to the main King Arthur page.
Some neat stuff there and some interesting classes, but I couldn't
find my way back to the class mentioned.

The main thing I was looking for was a more complete bibliographic
referance for:

> Dan Wing is the author of
> "The Bread Builders: Hearth Loaves in Masonry Ovens"

So, if you can look this up and post it, I think other SCA bakers
might be interested in this book and I'd like to put a more complete
referance into the Florilegium.

Thanks,
  Stefan

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net