[Sca-cooks] re: question for Stefan

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 5 23:39:11 PDT 2002

Huette declared:
> > >2) A bag of pecans. (I'll have to see if Florida pecans taste
> > >different from Texas pecans)
>
> I can attest that California pecans taste better that
> Texas pecans and are easier to shell also.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I've had Texas pecans that were thick shelled and hard to shell
and thin-shelled ones that were easy to get into. Sometimes from
trees within a short distance of each other.

There is also at least one place about fifteen minutes from here
who will shell your pecans for a price. Haven't tried them yet and
there's not enough in my gift box to bother doing that with.

I haven't tried to shell any of these pecans, yet. Still working on
the wonderful fudge, which has chopped pecans in it.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net