[Sca-cooks] Mushroom as an Avocado replacement?

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 11 09:52:18 PDT 2002

on 6/11/02 9:34 AM, Olwen the Odd at olwentheodd at hotmail.com sat on a
tribble, which squeaked:

>>     Hmmm....come to think of that, this recipe could be adapted to
>> portobella mushrooms quite easily.   Just use two of them in place of the
>> two halves of the avocado.    Would have to figure out some way to hold
>> them
>> together.    (Ponder)    All of the rest of the ingredients would work well
>> with the mushrooms.
>>
>>     Hmmmm......deep fried chicken-filled mushrooms.   Sounds like a dish
>> popular in the far southern end of the Shire....... <grin>
>>
>>     - Padraig o Connell
>
> Hey!  Combine two topics on one dish!  Just wrap the thing up in bacon to
> hold it together~!
> Olwen, yup I'll quit now

    <Blinks>   You know, that may not be a bad idea.   (Admittedly, I like
Portobella mushrooms and bacon on a hamburger, go figure.)

    Hmm......what I would want to do is use beef bacon or english-style
bacon, not the fatty "streaky bacon" that's more common here in the US.
Since you've got a lot of the fat from the deep frying anyway, making the
bacon less fatty is a good idea.

    - Padraig o Connell