[Sca-cooks] Recipe for fried avocado from Trudy's North Star

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jun 11 17:21:16 PDT 2002

At 08:32 AM 6/12/02 +1000, you wrote:

>>Problem is, I could just DIE for some avocado! I could eat it, then
>my
>>mouth feels funny and itchy and my throat feels funny and itchy, and
>I get
>>the cold sweat, and next thing I know I'm gagging and choking and I
>can't
>>breathe...
>
>That's really strange because I know 2 people (one on this list) that
>have quite severe allergic reactions to advocado with the same
>symptoms...

Who? I only know of me, and I have been rather vocal about my avocado
allergy. I've been reacting to melons similarly too. Pineapples just make
my mouth break out in little blisters. (Fresh- canned are ok.) And there's
the famed tangerine slurpee that had me broke out in the nastiest hives all
over- I was unrecognizable. I was miserable. I was on prednisone for the
longest time...

>>And if I ever wanted to commit suicide, what more glorious way
>>to go but to stuff myself silly?
>
>Just think of better ways to stuff yourself silly.  Truffles, Salmon
>Caviar, Gravlax...

But that would just be fun!  But... if I'm just stuffing myself... nope.
Don't go there. Wouldn't be prudent...

Carmen Slugana who is unfortunately unable to eat so many lovely fruits...