[Sca-cooks] Recipe for fried avocado from Trudy's North Star

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 17:34:50 PDT 2002

--- "Craig Jones." <craig.jones at airservices.gov.au>
wrote:

> I personally just detest them, I'd rather eat a
> boiled bar of soap
> (which is what they taste like to me)
>
> Drakey.

It sounds to me that you haven't eaten ripe avocados.
If you eat them before they have ripened and softened
they do taste bad, bitter, like soap.  But a truly
ripened avocado tastes entirely different.  I used to
think the same as you, but then a neighbor planted a
tree near our mutual fence and it grew big and hangs
over into our yard.  I used to pick them and give them
away, untasted.  My friends and relatives always
clamored for more, so I tried one after letting it
soften.  It was very good!  Not soapy at all.  I have
been converted to the avocado side of the Force!

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.