[Sca-cooks] Recipe for fried avocado from Trudy's North Star

'bella ldybella at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 11 22:10:59 PDT 2002

I have to concur... avocados to ship and still live have to be
picked green before they
get thier wondeful flavor.
It is subtle and delicate...  tree ripened 'cados are yummy and
they peel
reall neat... love to eat them plain...
and for teh diabetics they count as an oil.
'bella

: > I personally just detest them, I'd rather eat a
: > boiled bar of soap
: > (which is what they taste like to me)
: >
: > Drakey.
:
: It sounds to me that you haven't eaten ripe avocados.
: If you eat them before they have ripened and softened
: they do taste bad, bitter, like soap.  But a truly
: ripened avocado tastes entirely different.  I used to
: think the same as you, but then a neighbor planted a
: tree near our mutual fence and it grew big and hangs
: over into our yard.  I used to pick them and give them
: away, untasted.  My friends and relatives always
: clamored for more, so I tried one after letting it
: soften.  It was very good!  Not soapy at all.  I have
: been converted to the avocado side of the Force!
:
: Huette
:
: =====
: Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they
: shall never cease to be amused.
:
: Do You Yahoo!?
: Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
: http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
: Sca-cooks mailing list
: Sca-cooks at ansteorra.org