[Sca-cooks] Food Allergies

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 18:07:52 PDT 2002

That is not entirely true, Phlip!

I am allergic to capsicom peppers.  I have developed
this allergy recently and it isn't due to any lack of
enzymes.  Yes, my first symptoms are diarrhea, but if
I persist on eating them, I then develop a rash and
then blisters on my legs.  I have seen an allergist.
He says that I have an allergy.  So be careful what
you say.  You are spreading misinformation.

Huette

--- Philippa Alderton <phlip_u at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > >Problem is, I could just DIE for some avocado! I
> > could eat it, then
> > my
> > >mouth feels funny and itchy and my throat feels
> > funny and itchy, and
> > I get
> > >the cold sweat, and next thing I know I'm gagging
> > and choking and I
> > can't
> > >breathe...
> >
> > That's really strange because I know 2 people (one
> > on this list) that
> > have quite severe allergic reactions to advocado
> > with the same
> > symptoms...
>
> For what it's worth, folks, the classic symptoms of
> an
> allergy are what Lainie's describing. You may have
> other reactions to cewrtain foods, diarrhea, or gas
> or
> vomitting aren't symptoms of an allergy, they're
> symptoms of a digestive problem- lack of an enzyme,
> perhaps.
>
> ANYBODY who has been diagnosed with an allergy, or
> has
> responded to a foodstuff with hives, or swelling of
> the airways should avoid that foodstuff with a
> passion, and probably get an epi pen prescribed and
> kept handy.. This time was a warning- next time,
> depending on your system, you could very well be
> dead
> within about 10 minutes if you aren't treated.
>
> Phlip
>
> =====
> Never a horse that cain't be rode,
> And never a rider who cain't be throwed....

=====
shall never cease to be amused.