[Sca-cooks] possets

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 17:18:26 PDT 2002

--- Kirrily Robert <skud at infotrope.net> wrote:
> They would be fine.  I will definitely look into
> them.  (I am sensitive
> to dairy and too much of it makes me feel nauseous,
> and my close friend
> and co-conspirator in this has problems with red
> wine (it can bring on
> migraines) so that's why we're looking for
> non-dairy, non-red-wine
> possets and caudles.)

Was just mentioning this to Margali, and she suggested
Hippocras- she said that the recipes we have don't
specify which wine.

My thought was to suggest your preferred wine, heated,
with poudre douce in it, to taste, lacking a specific
recipe. Period method would be to heat the wine with a
hot poker dipped into the cup. Just a slight warning,
however- heated wines tend to hit your system a little
faster, so you'll get tiddly a bit quicker ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,