[Sca-cooks] Rysshews of Fruyt redaction

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 17 09:55:41 PDT 2002

I did them for an event a couple of years ago, and used the oven-frying
method I've described here on other occasions....use jelly-roll pans (I
think that's what you call those cookie-sheet type pans with a lip around
them), and spread a thin layer of oil on the pan.  Slide it into the oven
and heat up the oil.  Take the pan out of the oven and place the mixture in
small spoonfulls onto the pan.  Then return them to the oven and cook for a
few minutes.  Pull the pan out, turn them over and continue cooking for
another few minutes (length of time will depend on size of balls, heat in
oven, etc.).  There was still the problem with them falling apart easily,
but at least I could cook more of them at a time.  The other thing I did was
to add egg whites to the mixture.  Yes, I know the recipe doesn't call for
them...but it is colorless and tasteless, so it doesn't affect the
appearance or taste beyond holding them together.

Kiri