[Sca-cooks] fish consumption

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue Jun 18 16:29:36 PDT 2002

Ides asked:
I am working on an article about social differentiation? i. e. how can
animal bones tell us something of the social status of the people that
deposited these bones, so I am also very much interested in relative
prices of the fish. I can imagine pike, sturgeon etc. was very expensive
but what about the other ones.
------------

For some pricing information, and perhaps more important some
more extensive pricing referances, take a look at these files in the
COMMERCE section of the Florilegium:
p-prices-msg      (59K) 11/ 7/01    Prices for medieval items.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/p-prices-msg.html
p-prices-srcs-art (11K)  4/14/02    "A review of useful sources for Period
                                       Prices" by Lord Anton de Stoc.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/p-prices-srcs-art.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net