[Sca-cooks] Stupid N00b question about Apecius

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Jun 18 22:03:25 PDT 2002

Gunthar asked:
> I'm terribly embarassed to ask this but I have forgotten
> which is the "good" version of Apecius and which is the "bad"?
> A bookseller was offering a book of Vehlig but I think that's
> the one with all of the errors. I think Flowers & Rosembaum
> are the scholars who translated exactly.

In part it depends upon what you are looking for in the cookbook and

what is most important to you in considering the tradeoffs.

Check this file in the Florilegium for some of the previous opinions
on this cookbooks:

cb-rv-Apicius-msg (51K)  5/21/02    Reviews of cookbooks having Apicius recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cb-rv-Apicius-msg.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net