[Sca-cooks] OOP Query

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Wed Jun 19 17:08:40 PDT 2002

> Also sprach Aurore Gaudin:
> >Since we're talking about what our kids are watching, mine got me
> >baffled.  He loves watching Starship Troopers, MIB, and Scooby-Doo
> >and Zombie Island, but he refuses to watch Independence Day.  And is
> >only 6 yrs old.  He's a big Scooby fun.  Go figure.  Aurore
>
> I dunno, for my money (and YMMV) Starship Troopers is a little
> extreme, in a number of ways, for a 6 year-old. Probably better to
> let the kid grow to 12 or 13 and start him on Joe Haldeman.

We do test runs of renting videos or parents are going to the movies before we own them.  Good example i.e. "Blade 2".  Me and my husband saw that one.  If I refuse to own it then I'm not letting my kids watch it.  But we let them watch "Blade" very rarely.

For that matter, give him the damned book! Heinlein's "Starship Troopers"
was a heck of a lot better than that dreck on film - and perfectly suitable
for younger sci-fi fans.

I've readed "Starship Troopers".  2nd edition 1969?  Very old copy.  Not letting them handle that just yet.  Pretty bad when I'm going though the movie and pointing out all the differences.  Habit of reading books before the movies are out.  I spoiled a few for myself.

> "FRANK!!!" says the young lady, playing the part and looking angrily
> between me and the dog...
>
> We exchange grins and go our ways...

ROFLMAO! OW OW OW!

Got stitches in my sides with that story and the ocassional chuckle.

Aurore