[Sca-cooks] dried fruits question

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jun 20 16:43:01 PDT 2002

At 03:51 PM 6/20/02 -0500, you wrote:

>In another exciting chapter of The Twelfth Night From Hell, now I have a
>question as to the use or lack of dried cherries in the British Isles
>around the 13th c.
>
>Basically, can I justify serving syrosye made with dried cherries, or
>should I just suck up and serve peeres in confit? Any documentation
>pointing one way or t'other?

I would think that in the greatest of households, coming up with a dish
made of out-of-season fruit would be quite a coup- and something the cook
would be lauded for. I would use dried cherries, not canned or frozen, and
I personally would reconstitute them with a wine/water mix.

>Margaret, in Phase 2: Creating the Recipes

Second circle of Hell now? That's the Lustful- makes sense, being that I
really want some cherries RIGHT NOW. Third circle is the Gluttons. When you
get to Eight- Malebolge, there's the panderers and seducers- they can help
you write your advertising menu for the site copy... ;-)

'Lainie
I'm grumpy folks- tell me a joke or something!