[Sca-cooks] Blowing up Fermenters (Was: Entertaining storiesfor Lainie)

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Fri Jun 21 20:25:51 PDT 2002

I was given a bottle of root beer by a friend before I moved into the dorm
at college.  Having a small refrigerator, I put it in there & never quite
got around to drinking it.  It lived in there for about a year (maybe
longer), then it came time to move out & into an apartment.  I started to
clean the dorm room, and part of that process was, of course, cleaning out
the fridge.  I set the bottle on the counter, did a few things, and went to
the other side of the (very small) room, crawled under the desk to pick
things up, and ka-boom!!!  A chunk of bottle whizzed past my ear, more
chunks embedded themselves in the ceiling and walls - took me a couple of
seconds to figure out what had happened.  Well, then I had to clean *that *
up as well.  Fortunately,  Crest toothpaste matched the color of the wall
perfectly - it makes great spackle......

Morgan (using Caointiarn's addy)