[Sca-cooks] Sugar Free Sakanjabin

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 24 23:46:04 PDT 2002

Orlaith asked:
> I remember once in a blue moon ago (I think it was
> 2ish years ago) there was a discussion on this list
> about trying to make Sakanjabin with artificial
> sweetners.  Did anyone ever get around to trying it?
> I'm teaching a class on Sakanjabin this weekend and
> would like to mention the attempt/results if anyone
> did it.

I haven't gotten around to trying this myself. However, Margali just

mentioned on another list that she has.

You might find this file in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium

useful or perhaps as a source for further reading for your students:

jalabs-msg        (51K)  1/23/01    Drinks with a sugar or honey-syrup base such
                                       as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint Drink).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/jalabs-msg.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net