[Sca-cooks] OT: Pennsic Mobility Assistance Transport?

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Tue Jun 25 03:22:22 PDT 2002

> last year we were told there was no handicap transport.....
> yet i saw the so called parking nazi giving rides to his freinds..
> it ticked me off.. as in the camp I was in were people who
> were handicaped and could prove it... this year my knee is
> messed up.. I am sure i will not get help..
> so I proly will stay below runestone most of the time.
> Of course considering the most excellent company I shall be
> keeping I do not consider that remotely a hardship...
> (blowing kisses at Phlip and Olwen)
> 'bella

   There was a lot of difficulties for the Mobility Assistance office last
year - not uncommon in a new "experimental" feature. As far as I know (from
talking to those who will be deputies, if not in charge - I still can't
remember who's in charge!), the system will run the same as it was supposed
to last year - a person can request transportation to and from their camp at
a specific time by either contacting the MAP office directly or by
contacting Information Point, who will relay the request to the MAP office.
   Last year, a lot of people were able to travel to and from things that
would have been out of their reach, and the drivers and organizers are
determined to ensure that the program continue.
   I'm sorry that you were dropped out of the loop - I have a feeling that
your information came from someone who was mis-informed. There was, as I
said, a lot of confusion during the days when the office was relocated and
the reins turned over to a new department head. Some staff members were
under the impression that the program was discontinued (and were doing their
best to pick up the slack) and others knew it was continuing but didn't know
where or how. Things will be much clearer this time  - every year is a
learning experience.

Rosine