[Sca-cooks] Re: Sugar Free Sakanjabin

Marian Marian at TheRosenbergFamilies.Net
Tue Jun 25 17:37:50 PDT 2002

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:00:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Nelson Beth <grdygirl at yahoo.com>
> To: cooks <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Sugar Free Sakanjabin
>
> Greetings,
>
> I remember once in a blue moon ago (I think it was
> 2ish years ago) there was a discussion on this list
> about trying to make Sakanjabin with artificial
> sweetners.  Did anyone ever get around to trying it?
> I'm teaching a class on Sakanjabin this weekend and
> would like to mention the attempt/results if anyone
> did it.

I did a metric buttload of research on the topic, including
contacting the manufacturers of splenda, and the distributors of
two of the sugar free syrups.

End result, a simple syrup without sugar is not longer simple
and I didn't have the time or energy to try making it.

-M