[Sca-cooks] game

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Sun Mar 3 15:33:52 PST 2002

Al wrote:

Just a friendly reminder from the sanitation polizia,
there are only a few ways to thaw safely.
<snipped>
to which I reply:

Sorry; my post should have been clearer; with the high oven to get to temperature, then slow roast that I mentioned, I was referring to meat that had already been thawed safely.  Even if thawed in a safe manner, with very large birds, you still have the problems of the centre of the bird heating up much more slowly than the outer parts, and potentially sitting at dangerous breeding temperatures for some time.  Skewering the bird helps as the skewer draws heat into the centre of the bird.

Kiriel
ps. I have personally never been convinced that the thawing under running water method is even faintly safe.