[Sca-cooks] Full Fat Yogurt and Butter

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 4 12:35:31 PST 2002

Unfortunately, as far as i have been able to tell - i have been
researching it - Pavel's Russian Style Yogurt is strictly local to
California. I use Pavel's for cooking - it has NO stabilizers of any
sort - it's absolutely marvelous yogurt - puts Mountain High to shame
in my opinion, but ya takes what ya can git.

One of my other big favorites is Brown Cow Cream on top Yogurt - it
is NOT homogenized so besides the tasty true yogurty goodness,
there's a layer of "clotted" cream on top. Mmm-mmm-mmm. They also
make a low or non fat version which is pretty good, but, well, it
just isn't the same :-) It, too, is a California brand, and again, as
far as i can tell, is local to California.

I also buy Organic Butter. It actually does taste different from the
usual commercial brands. There are several local organic dairies
(within about a 2 hour drive of where i live) as well as Horizon,
which i believe is nationally distributed - home office is in
Colorado, IIRC. If i can't find Organic, i buy Land o' Lakes unsalted.

Sorry you can't find anything decent, Muiredach, but i suggest you
try a *large* Health Food Store. Maybe you can find something
tolerable.

Anahita