[Sca-cooks] Calling all cooks?

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Tue Mar 5 12:03:47 PST 2002

Hej!
    Well, they approved my event last night!  Now all I have to do is find someone to cook the meals at it.  Since I am the Autocrat that rules me out (been there-done that-do Not want that tee shirt again), so I am attempting to recruit cooks.
    Now about the event, it is a Metal Worker's Symposium the event to be held on the fourth, though sixth of Oct. 2002.  It will be at Camp Blanchard in Sutton, MA the event is a  cooperative effort  between the Canton of Aschehyrst & the Shire of Quintavia.  The site is also used for Boredom War.  We are expecting between 80-100 people & may have more than that.  We have already had people from as far away as GA express interest in attending the event.
    The kitchen is small with a 4 burner home stove/oven.  I also have my field kitchen to add equipment.
    I would like to have one person in overall charge of the kitchen & coordinating a series of cooks for each of the meals.  The food needs to be hot & hearty for people who are doing heavy work in cool weather.
                  We need a cook & crew Friday evening to do a Travelers Repast (Soup & Dayboad items $2/person budget)
                   We need a cook & crew to do breakfast at 7 AM on Saturday & Sunday mornings($3/person budget).
                    We need a cook & crew for Lunch  about 2 PM on Saturday & 12 PM on Sunday ($4/person budget).
                    We need a cook & crew for a feast Saturday evening about 8 PM ($6/person budget).
    So is there any one on this list who would be interested in the Head Cooks job or in doing one or more of the meals?  If you or someone you know might be interested in attending or teaching at the Symposium please contact me off list for details.
YIS,
Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord