[Sca-cooks] Dolmas

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Mar 5 12:54:09 PST 2002

Amanda Blackwolf commented:
> In Muskogee? I've not seen any there. Guess I orta look closer! And check
> out Wild Oats next time I'm there too. It's really hard to make Yogurt sauce
> for my Dolma w/ fake yogurt.

You are making your own dolmas? Or you are just making the sauce?

We've had some discussions on these. Unfortunately, the evidence
for a period food like dolmas is sketchy. Some definite info on
things being cooked in grape leaves, but no recipes so far, and
nothing like rice, stuffed in grape leaves with other stuff and
cooked. You can find what I currently have in this file in the
FOOD section:
grape-leaves-msg  (17K)  7/25/00    Use of grape leaves in cooking.
Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/grape-leaves-msg.html

If you've done any research on this, and found some additional info,
I'd love to hear about it.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net