[Sca-cooks] Sources of Protein

alm4 at cornell.edu alm4 at cornell.edu
Sat Mar 2 16:49:42 PST 2002

A beef stew works pretty good, or a beef soup.

One event that had fighting, fencing, thrown weapons, archery, lots of
melees and things I bought some boneless hams and also turkey breasts, (I
know turkey isn't exactly period) and sliced them and put them out on the
dayboard and they really went (so did the bread)  The ham was a real
hit.  You could do the same thing with roast beef and ham.

The trick to make sure it wasn't gobbled up too quickly is to not put it
all out at once.

I bought the hams and such at Sam's Club.  I don't remember how much it
was but considering all I had to do was slice it, and the site had a
commercial slicer, it was worth the extra dough and was a real hit!

	Angeline