[Sca-cooks] Sources of Protein

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Mar 4 06:30:34 PST 2002

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:

> > A small minority of fighters complain that our summer event dayboard
> > doesn't have the protein they need because they won't eat eggs or cheese
> > (the two proteins we tend to put out) while they are fighting.
>

> A "small minority" will complain about anything, no matter how hard you
> try.  Don't lose sleep over it.  I've been to events with awful
> dayboards, and you know what?  People survived.  You put out a perfectly
> good, balanced, nutritious dayboard.  You can't cater to every whiner.
> Even to me and my dietary peculiarities ;)

Heavens, yes. If the fighters want meat, tell them to bring it themselves,
if they absolutely can't do without it. Don't bow and scrape to whiny
fighters. They'll just get more whiny and start wanting chateaubriand and
pheasant under glass. It's a public dayboard, not fighters-only, and
you're being quite generous to start with.

Margaret