[Sca-cooks] Honey Butter? No! No!

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Mar 4 19:23:02 PST 2002

Was written:

> I think i will have to have bread and butter on the tables. Any
> suggestions on what to do with butter, other than just plain (which
> is my inclination)?

Can't vouch for the periodicity, wouldn't even try, but you might try garlic
butter as long as you are going with honey butter.  One clove of roasted
garlic per two sticks of butter, more if you really like garlic.  Peel the
garlic, put it in an oven proof bowl with a little olive oil over it.
Cover the bowl with foil and roast at 200 degrees for 45 minutes or so.
Then cream the garlic in with the butter to make the spread.  I guess it
can't be any more period than honey butter and it is rather savory.

Daniel Raoul