[Sca-cooks] Honey Butter? No! No!

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Mon Mar 4 16:49:25 PST 2002

At 13:27 4/03/02 -0800, you wrote:
>He also wants it to be a "World Tour" feast, which is ok with me,
>although i would prefer to stick to Mediterranean food - to this end,
>what i'd like: "appetizers/table food, an Italian course, a Spanish
>course, a Near Eastern course, dessert...

Anahita,
Perhaps you could make it a "Mediterranean Tour" which should be a workable
compromise: Spain/al-Andalus, Italy, Byzantium, the Levant and Egypt, back
to the Maghrib...we've done something very similar to this before (caravan
to the East) and it worked very well.

>Should i buy Scully's Neapolitan cookbook?

If Mediterranean food is your thing, it's probably a good investment; if
it's not, you might be a little disappointed, but that's just a personal
opinion. I paid almost a hundred Australian for an imported copy this week,
and felt gipped, although I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of it for
years to come. I can post or send photocopies of recipes if you'd like,
please feel free to contact me privately.

Giles