[Sca-cooks] Honey Butter? No! No!

Rhiannahn rhiannah at australis.aunz.com
Mon Mar 4 19:47:53 PST 2002

Greetings

I made the Orange Marmalade (Delights for Ladies) about six months ago for
a competition.  Foisted some off on the relatives for christmas (live in a
small household).  I also made a Strawberry Conserve for the same
competition.  Six months on and both still taste wonderful - are kept
refrigerated all the time.

Have found that here in River Haven folks seem to prefer to have plain
butter available - but if a sweet spread is available it won't last long ....

Another alternative to making honey butter if it is available is to used
creamed honey.  You can buy if already creamed or as my mother does just
leave it in the fridge for a really long time with the odd dollop or two
taken out.  You have honey - have found some references for this - will
look up if you would like.

>Greetings,
>
>I have an aversion to serving butter of any kind because of it's prevalance.
>
>So, instead of butter I made a Orange Marmalade. I made it almost 4 weeks
>ahead of time and it kept in the fridge nicely.
>
>Nobody seemed to notice that there was no butter!
>
>Just a thought!
>Serena da Riva

Arglwyddes Rhiannahn uerch Rhianfellt uerch Rhydderch Rhayader
(AA, OBT)
Arts & Sciences Mistress
Barony of River Haven
ICQ 118320906