[Sca-cooks] overstuffed eggs?

Chip jallen at multipro.com
Tue Mar 5 08:49:44 PST 2002

> hardboiled egg, pulls out the yolk, mixes it with more stuff
> including more egg and cheese then says to stuff it back in the
> place where only the hard boiled egg yolk was originally.

> How is it all supposed to fit?

You'd make them as a large batch, not one at a time.  You make a mess
of mixture, fill the eggs to slightly overflowing, and get left with
some mixture left over.  Fry it and eat it and say 'yum'.

> Deep frying an open egg like this would seem to be rather messy.

Not as bad as you'd think.  I just dunked them in the Fry Daddy.  The
mixture stayed in the yolkhole fairly obediently.  The whole thing
blistered and browned and was very interesting.

I tested this recipe for a feast last fall.  Results were tasty even
though I didn't have verjus.  I had to strike it from the menu, though
for being too labor intensive considering all the other things I had
to do (fried things tend to dislike waiting).  Done up ahead of time &
fried just before presentation, it should work.  Just my .02 baraks.