[Sca-cooks] overstuffed eggs?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 5 09:05:10 PST 2002

I did a similar kind of thing, though from a different recipe (from
Epulario.."To dresse and fill Egges").  While the recipe called for deep
frying the filled eggs, I was cooking for a large crowd and needed something
easier and faster.  So I used a technique my lord had shown me from a modern
potato pancake recipe.  I put a thin layer of oil on cookie sheets that have
a lip around all 4 sides.  I then put the sheets into the oven until the oil
was hot.  Then we placed the eggs on the sheets and returned them to the
oven for a few minutes.  We then pulled them out and turned them.  Worked
like a champ!!

Kiri