[Sca-cooks] This is inexcuseable.

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:55:43 PST 2002

>Gunthar, you do have my apology. <Sigh> I suppose that
>much of my frustration is partly from seeing that
>there is so much being done in other areas, and so
>much to be done in this one, that I tend to see a
>little progress as none at all. Part of it is
>certainly the expectations I have from some of the
>Laurels I've had the opportunity to know and learn
>from, and, wanting them all to be Super Cooks, I
>forget that we're dealing with mere humans.

I only just got in to the tail end of this conversation, but I can tell you
my outlook, but with a different art (and hopefully I'm not completely off
topic here or misunderstood anything).  As I do pottery in Caid, I know of
only one other active potter, and they aren't laurels.  The only laurels I
know of are in the midwest, or a large group in An Tir.  In fact, they had a
cool event last year sometime...a ceramic symposium of sorts which I felt
VERY depressed not being able to go to it.

So, well...I started my own potter's guild here.  The first ceramic guild as
far as I know in the entire knowne world and I am doing my best to promote
ceramics to everyone.  I'm trying to create cool events myself and all that
with the motto, "If you want something done ya do it yourself!"  Thus I do
what I can and have fun with it.

My Caidain Laurel, Mistress Huette and I (I believe she is one of three
cooking laurels) have been talking about a cooks guild here.  Maybe, huh?
And hopefully get more people active and cooking...and maybe more cooking
laurels will pop up too.  Dunno.  I just hope to be edge-a-ma-kaded one day
so I too can proudly announce the size of my dick and finally understand
what a cusky-nodie thing that keeps getting mentioned (and not be afraid of
cattails).

--Arte