[Sca-cooks] Fw: [Northshield]: A &S Report for 1 April

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 13:41:13 PST 2002

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The only Laurel I know
> personally who has done much movie work is Master
> Atar, a bladesmith who also
> made Conan's flashy armor in the first Conan The
> Barbarian movie.  Huette
> would know more for sure.
>
> Selene in Caid, aka

Selene-

Would you encourage Master Atar to come to the
MAssachusetts smithing event? I sent him an invitation
earlier today, but I've never met him, and I think it
might help if someone he knows were to encourage him.
Didn't know about his movie work (although it doesn't
surprise me), but I know of him by his mundane name,
as one of those smiths whose work I drool over ;-)

I wrote him the following

Hey, Master Atar ;-)

We haven't met yet, although like most smiths, I've
drooled over your
work ;-)

There's going to be an interesting event in October in
Massachusetts
that I thought you might be interested in, so I
thought I'd send you an
invitation. I'm trying to get non-SCA smiths involved
as well, so if
you're interested in coming, I'd be happy to extend
the hospitality of
our Household to you, also, since, if you were to fly
over, your baggage
would be limitted, and this is a camping event. The
autocrat is Olaf of
Trollhiemsfjord , sudnserv5 at netway.com. My only real
involvement is that
I'm not very far away, and I think it's a great idea,
so I'm trying to
help support the event as much as I can.

Event information follows. Hope you'll join us.

Phlip,

Philippa Farrour

If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

Phlip