[Sca-cooks] New Books of Possible Interest

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 10:41:10 PST 2002

--- johnna holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
wrote:
> But librarians are supposed to promote
> reading and books. I mean I am spending the
> month over at the school trying to get little
> kids to read, and here we have adults questioning
> the mission, the purpose, the very meaning
> of a librarian's, a true librariand's reason to
> be... what was that we learned... ah yes

Hah!!!!

Johnna, not only are you an enabler, you're a pusher,
worse than Timothy Leary and that crew. Not only do we
suffer the addiction, but you're going out of your way
to help us find the dr... er, I mean, "book" of our
choice! And you can't be satisfied just encouraging
one fix, or two, no, not you!!!!

You go out of your way to encourage us to devastate
whole forests, of both pulp for books, and boards for
bookshelves! Think of the ecological devastation!

And our families. Look at what all these books are
doing to our families! Instead of having a convenient
little box in the living room, where family members
can interact among themselves, fighting over the
channels, no, you want us to quietly sit in corners
and read, and worse, discuss what we read!!!!!

Have you ever tried to have a disacussion with a 10
year old? Let them discuss things with other 10 year
olds, and leave the house and raise hell someplace
else. Teaching them logical thought might actually
make them competent to do something besides watch
MTV!!! Oh, the horror! Oh, the expense!!!

Anyone wanna join the Reading Anonymouse 12 step
program?

Phlip, deep under the Rock, with a good book, and a
new batch of chocolatl chip cookies.....

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,