[Sca-cooks] Question on Spanish Sauces

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 11 09:03:04 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
> I am contemplating a dish for an upcoming feast, I believe I found the
> recepit itself in the Florigium. In the recepit it says that you can serve
> it with Garlic and Green Sauces. Because I only have the one recepit I
> cannot figure out what the sauces sould be.
[snip]
> Serena da Riva

Greetings!

In the Florilegium file on sauces, you will find my translation of one variation on "ajada" (garlic sauce.)  It is a garlic sauce with walnuts and almonds.  Tonight, when I get home, I will check Granado and see if there are any other recipes for garlic sauce, as well as recipes for green sauce.

You might also consider some of the sauces from Platina which are redacted in Cariadoc's Miscellany.  There was a great deal of borrowing recipes back and forth between the Italians and the Catalans/Spanish.

Brighid ni Chiarain