[Sca-cooks] Question on spanish sauces

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Mon Mar 11 16:04:39 PST 2002

Serena wrote:
I am contemplating a dish for an upcoming feast, I believe I found the
recepit itself in the Florigium. In the recepit it says that you can serve
it with Garlic and Green Sauces. Because I only have the one recepit I
cannot figure out what the sauces sould be.
-------------
It is rather earlier, and not spanish, but le Viandier
has multiple garlic sauces in it, including
green garlic sauce which is rather yummy...

	no 155, Green garlic sauce
	Crush garlic, bread and greens and steep together

Pretty straight forward eh?  We had this sauce on lamb last
weekend at our Coronation 2nd course testing session and
it was lovely.  The cook steeped it in chicken stock;
I think I would use verjuice, as the three previous and following
recipes, steep in either verjuice or vinegar.

Kiriel