[Sca-cooks] Ace-K/PowerAde

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Mar 15 20:42:42 PST 2002

Edouard de Bruyerecourt wrote:

> I'm curious. Was this Powerade, or Powerade Light? The reply from
> Coca-cola mentioned Powerade Light. I can't even find Powerade Light in
> this neck of the woods (although I have heard of a Gatorade 'light'
> variety). Normal Powerade has, what, 19 grams of carbs/sugar and the
> labels I've read don't mention ace-K.

Light- and it appears to be in test marketing- there was a neon NEW
PRODUCT! sign on the shelf.

> What I find amusing is Powerade and it's cousins are supposed to provide
> carbohydrates, along with electrolytes, for athletic activity. A little
> ironic/oxymoronic to come out with a low carb version. And since
> Powerade has a higher sugar level than most sports drinks, they would
> have to sweeten it somehow to make up for the lost sugar.

Yeah yeah- and hand me that diet soda, eh? I want to wash down my Super
Double Blubber Bacon Cheeseburger and UltraBiggie Fires!

> I'm wondering, since it's not available here, if it's a limited market
> test, and the poor schmiels in customer service don't have the complete
> and correct information yet (a job often contracted out to a different
> company).

That was one of the possibilites that I discussed with the woman from
the FDA today, that it was a Customer Service problem, along with a
label problem.

> Of course, if it's potassium you want, there's always apple juice
> (Martinelli's has the highest). And the best of all, that ambrosiaic
> elixir dubbed "A Warrior's Drink!" by Worf:
>
> Prune juice. (you could dilute prune juice 1:5 with water and still
> match most sports drinks in potatssium, or just take a 2 oz shot and
> drink water)
>
> Maybe we should set prune juice out for a fighter's day board.....

You're a SICK, SICK man! Don't you know how hard it is to get _out_ of
armor once you're in?

Great way to win a war- make sure the other side has Special Juice...
and lock the privies!

Evil 'Lainie strikes again!