[Sca-cooks] Ace-K/PowerAde

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 12:13:24 PST 2002

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> The first time I ever
> recall having gatorade was at a tourney at
> Twenty-fifth Year.  I was
> heralding, and sick as a dog from a cold and
> allergies to live oak.  So,
> maybe my mind has just linked the two or
> something.....

Comfort foods are Good, if only psychologically. I
remember get interviewed some time ago, by some
Counselor type, who was trying to Prove Something, and
she asked me what my favorite comfort food was, and
was rather miffed, and repeated the question, and
defined the term for me, when I told her it was a
meal- green beans, fried chicken, and mashed potatoes.
She was even more miffed when she asked, "Oh, KFC?"
and I said, "No, I either cook it myself, or get my
mother to do it". No accounting for Yankees.....

I gathered that most women she'd interviewed wanted
either chocolate or something with a lot of sugar in
it, and she had trouble understanding why someone
would want a good meal, with pleasant associations,
rather than stuffing themselves with junk.

Ah well....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,