[Sca-cooks] Re: Ruperto de Nola, Libre del Coch

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 21:29:33 PST 2002

Well, I know of three modern cast iron pots  which fit
that description- all of them, I think, are for sale
in the Lehman's catalog at:

www.lehmans.com

One is a straight sided Dutch oven, one is a cauldron
(round bottom, straight sides slanting out) and one is
that South African pot, which is very rounded. All
have three legs, and I think all can be gotten with
the lid designed for holding coals. If you can figure
out which shape you want, all three are available in
several sizes.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,