[Sca-cooks] OOP: Stove info wanted

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 19 11:50:38 PST 2002

If I had it all to do over again, I'd try to find a stove that had gas
burners on the top (easier to control and when yo turn them off, they're
really off!) and an electric oven (heat in a gas one is just 'way to
uneven...I usually have to cook everything at a lower temperature to keep
the outsides from cooking faster than the insides.)

And yes, I do like having my hood over my stove.  The original plans for our
house called for the cooktop to be on an island in the center of the
kitchen...that meant that the hood wouldn't vent to the outside.  So I moved
the stove to an outside wall where I can have a fan that's vented to the
outside.

Our stove is a GE Gas stove, and, other than occasional problems with the
oven, it's worked very well...in over 8 years, we've never had any problems
with it.

Kiri