[Sca-cooks] OOP: Stove info wanted

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Tue Mar 19 12:43:28 PST 2002

Self Cleaning!  I hate cleaning ovens and defrosting freezers.  I actually
bought an electric stove from the Military Catalogue while we were in
Germany and had it shipped over because I had visions of never scrubbing the
oven again.

Don't try this, learn from my mistake.  The Germans use 220/240 current, but
it is delivered slightly differently.  Fortunately we had an electrical
engineer from Siemans (big electrical company) in the same complex and he
re-routed the current.  After that I learned that the cleaning cycle was
dependent on the clock which did not work because of the difference in
cycles (50 vs 60).

Still I brought the stove home to Oregon, had a friend re-direct the current
yet again, and have not had to clean the oven again except for a wipe down
of grey dust after the cycle is finished.

I also have a non-vented hood over my stove which sucks in the fumes (smoke
:-) and filters it.  This is because the stove is located on an inside wall
and I haven't found someone to put in an exhaust duct yet.

Regina Romsey