[Sca-cooks] gas grills and marshmallows

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Tue Mar 19 20:39:33 PST 2002

>>Popped it in his mouth, and without thinking, closed his lips
>>over the skewer.
>>
>>Major blisters for several days. Ow.
>>

> Is a pet name for your husband "hot lips"? But that had to hurt. Almost as
> bad as me putting in a glass plate with grill cheese on it and pulling it out
> of the HOT oven without mitts. Had nice burns on my fingers.
>
> Misha
> Hey, I was like 8 at the time.

And that was how long ago?  ;)

I'm currently experiencing one of those pregnancy irritations that
nobody ever tells you about until you have it, and then everybody says
"Oh, yeah, that's really common."  Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel
syndrome.  Never had carpal tunnel problems before.  It's not
manifesting itself as pain, but rather numbness, particularly my
fingers.  So today I made a big pot of rice, and I was scooping it out
to cool.  I didn't notice that a huge, sticky, hot blob had landed on
the back of my index finger right above my nail, because, well, it was
numb.  So, I now have a nice first degree burn from it.  Fortunately,
since the finger is still usually numb, it doesn't bother me much.

Bleh.

-Magdalena
I was also horribly frustrated while trying to shop for a nice piece of
linen yesterday...  You don't realize how much those fingertips mean to
you until they're useless...