[Sca-cooks] OOP: Stove info wanted

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Mar 19 22:27:52 PST 2002

Phlip commented:
> Well, I agree with your mother, if you can set up a
> hood that goes outside. The reason being, that if you
> burn something, or, like me, have a weakness for
> Blackened Cajun, you really want all the smoke to find
> somewhere else to be. Good blowers are cheap enough,
> that you can get a really powerful one for not much
> more than a cheap one costs, and while hopefully you
> won't need it often for burned foods, on the few
> occasions you do, you'll be glad of it.

Yep. I have to agree here. Having a good blower works oh so much
better than running around to find a chair to yank down the smoke
alarm so you can disconnect the battery as its screaming in your
ears to wake you about the smoke coming from the spill in the oven.
Or standing there frantically trying to wave away the smoky air
before it gets to the smoke detector...

They do make vent systems that simply pass the air through a filter.
These would not require an external vent, but wouldn't be quite as
good at clearing the air.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net