[Sca-cooks] FW:request for recipe(s)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Mar 21 05:41:13 PST 2002

Also sprach A F Murphy:
>Well, the disagreement is right in the Bible. The Synoptics are pretty
>clear that it is the "Passover Meal" as my translations phrase it, but
>John is caught up in the symbolism of Jesus as Paschal Lamb, and says he
>died on Preparation Day. So... you take your choice. Most people I know
>of think it was a Seder, but it can't be proven.

Tradition does state that it was a seder. I don't see much point in
worrying too much about the math, and whether this all took place
between Thursday night and Sunday morning, any more than worrying too
much about whether Jesus was actually born on the night of December
24th. Details like this seem, in my own experience, to be the fodder
of people who have no real, basic faith. Never mind the fact that if
the Catholic Church (or anybody else, for that matter), were still
burning people at the stake, this Catholic would probably be on one
right now.

Adamantius (not an Origenist, despite the name-- rather a Pellagian)