[Sca-cooks] Full beards, no moustache, for Philp

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:25:11 PST 2002

>Tell us please, why Amish men wear full beards but no moustache.
>Phillipa

I wonder if it's because beards are the sign of manliness
but moustaches were often vanities.

On a side note, I had lunch at a nice restaurant yesterday
and the waiter had a neatly trimmed full beard, much like
mine. He complimented me on my beard. I wondered about this
and also at why I have a full beard (other than to cover my
ugly mug and it keeps me from looking like I'm 14.) and
figured that us guys with full beards are real beard men.
Goatees are for posers.

Gunthar